This past weekend Lucas turned 2 so we had a little birthday party for him at our house. We invited some of his friends from church and just had cake and ice cream. He thought it was great to have so many people over to play. Here are a few pictures of the festivities.
Here is the "awesome" banner we bought from Target. It was folded up, so we didn't know until it was unfolded and hung up that it had a spelling issue. We left it up for like 3 days because we thought it was funny. :)
Here is my somewhat pathetic attempt at decorating. In my defense I am 8 months pregnant so we were lucky it was this good.
Wayne's family has a tradition that they have cookie cake for their birthdays so this was Lucas' cookie cake. It is normally made on a chocolate chip cookie but Lucas doesn't like those so I made it on sugar cookie this year. I thought it turned out pretty good.
Here is Lucas' regular cake. Thanks goodness Wayne is good at just about everything and was able to help me with the frosting because my hand was starting to cramp about halfway through frosting it. :)
Here we are singing Happy Birthday. Doesn't Lucas look pleased.
This was after he (Wayne and I) blew out the candles. He looks really interested in the cake but really he just trying desperately to get out of his chair.
Here are Lucas and Daddy in their matching Elmo shirts. No Wayne doesn't usually rock Elmo, but we thought it would be fun for Lucas' birthday. Unfortunately I was too pregnant to get one that didn't look ridiculous. :(
Opening presents. Luckily he had lots of helpers.
More present opening.
Some have been asking for a pregnancy update. This is the most recent picture we have ( I really need to take another one) and this was from about 6 weeks ago. I am 30 weeks in the picture and now I am 36. Only 4 more weeks!! I went to the doctor on Friday and he said I am 1 cm dilated and 50 % effaced, which isn't really anything but it made me feel good. Can't wait for our new addition.
2 years ago



6 comments:
You look so cute!
Lucas is adorable all the time.
Im glad he had a "Happa Birthday" :)
See ya in 28 days or sooner. :)
Love the pictures and you did a really great job on the cakes. It looked like such a fun party!
Thank you for keeping up the tradition of a cookie cake.
I'm loving the banner--one might expect such errors from, say, the dollar store, but Target? I'm losing faith. Your cake decorating skills are amazing, though! I'm impressed. When Nick wanted an Elmo cake, I just told him he'd have to convince Grandma Kristie to make it, because I wasn't going to even attempt it. Kudos to you!
HEY PORTIA!
I don't know if anybody has contacted you or not, but we have a date and everything set for the class reunion! We are going to do it over July 24th weekend in Panaca. That way there will be plenty to do and lots of people to hang out with. Email me and I can give you all the details. Or just let me know if your not planning to attend.
- Jordan
jordantomlinson@yahoo.com
Wow, what a party you put on! He looks so cute and so do you! We are excited to see this little addition!
Post a Comment